Friday 7 December 2012

Review: Maybelline Fit Me Range


I never get excited to try drug store foundation, in fact I've been using the same foundation for months now (MAC Studio fix fluid NC15) but when i saw this advertised on TV i knew i had to try it. I purchased mine on a 3 for 2 offer at Boots.

Foundation:

My first thoughts on this foundation was how sleek and expensive the bottle looked. Priced at an inexpensive £8, i purchased the lightest shade in 115. This was my first ever gel-based foundation as i usually purchase full coverage matte foundations and  i wasn't expecting the consistency to be so runny. Never the less i applied the foundation with a brush and my first coverage was sheer/medium as i could still see my blemishes. I applied another layer and extra where it was needed and found the coverage to build and blend well.
The foundation gave a dewy finish which i liked as the winter months and matte foundation began making my skin look extremely dull, although i personally would not wear this in summer as i would have a grease overload! not a good look...

Concealer:

I don't know why but i had high hopes for this. I purchased shade 15 to match the foundation. First application of this, i wasn't expecting the consistency to be so thin but never the less i applied it where it was needed, and i wasn't impressed...it didn't seem to cover anything. My under eye dark circles were still showing, as were the blemishes and red patches. So i applied some more but it really wasn't doing anything for me, and during the day i noticed i had greasy creases under my eyes!...not pretty.
Priced at £5.99 i can honestly say i would not purchase this again.

Powder:

After applying the foundation and concealer, i tried the powder in shade 125 nude beige. I found that it set the foundation well and gave a natural/slightly matte finish but had to be applied again during the day. Priced at a reasonable £5.99, it is a very light-weight powder so if you prefer your powder to give a thick and cakey finish, steer clear of this! Comes as a compact with a mirror and a powder puff.

Overall i was quite pleased with the build-able coverage and dewy finish these 3 products gave my skin although i thought the concealer could have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment